Tuesday, March 2, 2010

My Journey 3/2/10

I'm getting ready to go to my 8th treatment on Thursday (March 4) and Marc Frank sent me a link that I found pretty interesting. Its about the University of Florida testing the Brazilian Acai Berry and its effects in a cultured- cancer cell environment. Take a read, its pretty cool to read up on cancer research. news.ufl.edu/2006/01/12/berries/. Anyway, the last couple days have been strong days. I have to take a $4000 shot called Nulasta. It helps boost your white blood cells, and cancer patents take it because the chemotherapy kills white blood cells. Simply, that's one part of your immune system that gets hammered! The Nulasta helps your immune system stay strong. An unfortunate side effect is it makes your bones feel like there imploding. It lasts for about 3 days. Let me tell you about how nice Medical Marijuana is for that! Not to mention the chemotherapy..... I didn't smoke for 12 years but started because of the treatments. And living in Breckenridge really makes it a hole lot easier.

My birthday was yesterday (March 1) and I have to say it was a very good day. Went to Denver Sunday night and spent some time with my girl friend and a girl I grew up with, Cathy Cooney and her husband Brian Green. Went to a new burger joint down town called H Burger. It turns out that the executive chef is a kid I went to school with named Ian Kleinman. Check out his blog at food102.blogspot.com/. Cool modern atmosphere, good prices and a little more casual.

No comments:

Post a Comment