Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Journey 10/18/10

Sorry for the delay on the haps since the last entry. It has been an emotional roller coaster. From watching my counts fluctuate up and down, to getting a little bug while my counts were at zero, to going out side for the first time in two and a half weeks. The month in the hospital was heavy! My appreciation for just about everything has been overwhelming. With that said, I want to say thank you to everyone that stopped by. That helped make the time seem to go by much faster.

Walking out of the hospital after being in there for a month made me realize just how much we take the little things for granted. Fresh air, breeze, sun, the sound of the trees, birds exc... But along with the good, theres the bad, the noise of traffic, cigarette smoke, sirens. I could go on and on about both sides. For the most part, we don't think of these things since our senses have adapted to these every day occurrences. I'm sure it's all well documented sociological behavior, but unless you go through a period of time away from the natural and unnatural surroundings, describing initial feelings is almost impossible.

I thought you'd get a kick out of this... My mom and I went to the store Friday night to get some provisions for my recovery stay at Brents Place. Part of going out is having to wear a face mask and gloves. Went to Safeway at Cherry Creek since it's pretty close to the apartment and I wanted to go for a little drive. Walking around the store, I would catch the other patrons turn around when they would see me and move to the next isle. I'm bald for the first time in my life, wearing a mask and gloves. They probably think I'm sick (which I am, just not what they think) and don't want what I got. The reality of it is that I don't want to catch their bugs. Precautions for me. The cool thing about is I pretty much got the hole store to myself. Hahahahaha. Cracks me up...

So I'm stoked that I'm out of the hospital! Im stoked that Erika is with me for the next couple days! And I'm thrilled to feel alive! Each day is getting better and better..... BlogBooster-The most productive way for mobile blogging. BlogBooster is a multi-service blog editor for iPhone, Android, WebOs and your desktop

1 comment:

  1. Todd, I know I am so late to the game to find out about your illness Dave some how found out today. I am so sadden to hear about this and from reading some of your back log it sounds like you've had quite a journey with this nasty disease, but I happy to hear that your counts are on there way up today - I will send good and happy thoughts in your direction! Dave and I have very found memories of you and all though we should stay in better touch we do think of you often ... Your ears probably burn when we do!! ;-) I have a good feeling about this and high hopes ... Plus you have so many epic shred days ahead of you! Sending all our love - April & Dave Benton

    ReplyDelete